models-hobbies-games - Exhibition for Model Building, Model Railways, Creative Arts and Play
Dates: 30.09. - 04.10.2016
Venue: Leipzig Exhibition Centre
Opening hours: Friday,Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 - 18:00; Monday: 10:00 - 17:00
Booking hotel: Link
modell-hobby-spiel is the biggest consumer event for model building, model railways, creative arts, games and toys, for visitors from the five eastern states of Germany, for Bavaria and Hesse as well as for visitors from the Czech Republic and Poland.
It is taking place for the 21st time in 2016.
In 2015, 655 exhibitors from 15 countries presented a comprehensive industry overview and unveiled new products. Workshops and lots of offers to try out encourage people to get involved in all areas and demonstrate how nice it can be to have a hobby.
Range of products
- Car, aircraft and ship model-building
- model-building accessories
- Model railways of all gauges
- Steam models
- Kite making
- Material for graphics, artists and hobbies
- Creative arts and painting accessories
- Dolls, teddy bears, stuffed toys
- Board, dice, card and other games
- Philately, numismatics
- 3D printing
Leipziger Messe GmbH
Ms Annette Schmeier, Project Director
Tel.: +49 (0)341 678-8254
Fax: +49 (0)341 678-7292
Information for visitors
Over 600 exhibitors present new products, classics and offers for the trade fair, and provide suggestions, tips and tricks covering every aspect of the most popular hobbies. Whether creative minds such as fans of painting, crafts and decoration, people interested in needlework or games fans, collectors, model railway enthusiasts, model makers, amateur captains, RC race and flying champions - this trade fair offers fun, excitement, play and interesting experiences for everyone. It is the event for hobby enthusiasts, children, young people and families as well as for the "50+" generation. Anybody who is looking for new ideas for their hobby, for an attractive and meaningful way to spend their leisure time or who simply wants to spend a whole day engaged in crafts, painting, building and playing will find a wealth of ideas and many tips for Christmas presents here. For teachers, educators, therapists and similar professionals, modell-hobby-spiel provides plenty of good ideas and also the materials they need for their work.
Since 2009, the "Graf Ludo" game graphics award has been presented at modell-hobby-spiel (www.graf-ludo.de).
Numerous shows, special exhibitions, promotions and workshops captivate and encourage people to try things out and get involved. The current programme and the annual highlights can be found at the beginning of August at www.modell-hobby-spiel.de.
Admission prices (incl. VAT and use of MDV public transport)
|Day ticket (incl. advance sales):||Friday, Monday: 13,00 € |
Saturday, Sunday: 14,00 €
|Day ticket, reduced rate* (incl. advance sales):||9,50 €|
|Children aged 6 - 12 years: |
(Free admission for children aged 5 and under)
|Group ticket per person (for groups of 10 and over):||9,50 €|
|2-Days-Card (free choice of days):||23,50 €|
* Discount for students, trainees/apprentices, those completing mandatory military or civilian service, social welfare recipients (e.g. unemployed, people with severe disabilities) and pensioners on presentation of valid ID.
Information for exhibitors
There were 94,800 visitors (FKM-verified) plus approx. 9,000 children under the age of 7 as further purchase decision-makers in 2015. During the event itself, 92% of all exhibitors had already decided to take part again. 91% of exhibitors stated that they had achieved their aims and 92% of exhibitors would recommend modell-hobby-spiel to others.
modell-hobby-spiel is the perfect opportunity for
- raising awareness of products and companies
- presenting new products
- acquiring new customers
- cultivating existing customers
because visitors come here to
- find out about new products
- get ideas for a hobby and try out something new
- get ideas for Christmas presents and buy them on the spot
modell-hobby-spiel will be taking place for the 21st time in 2016. 93% of visitors already said that they would come again, and would recommend the fair. The fair has great pull: 50% of visitors came from more than 100 km away.
Because of the convenient date, modell-hobby-spiel provides important stimulus for successful Christmas business. Desires are awoken that are later reflected in annual sales figures.
Prices for exhibitors
If you book your stand area by 2nd May 2016, we will give you an Early Bird Bonus.
|Costs per m² (netto) till 2th May 2016||Costs per m² (netto)|
|Row stand||79,00 €||83,00 €|
|Corner stand||85,00 €||89,00 €|
|Peninsula stand||90,00 €||94,00 €|
|Island stand||95,00 €||99,00 €|
All prices exclusive of:
- AUMA fee: 0.60 €/m²
- Flat media fee*
- Statutory VAT
* Obligatory entry in print media, electronic visitor information system and the new "FairFace" exhibitor database. More information on the flat media fee: NEUREUTER FAIR MEDIA GmbH
Programm Information / Highlights
- International off-road indoor racing
- Electrical RC cars and mini-trucks on several tracks
- Matchbox collectors’ meeting point
- Model railways of all gauges; steam model meeting point
- Ship demonstrations in the giant water basins indoors and outside
- Model aircraft display, helicopter and slow flyer show with top pilots
- "fabberland 3D printing" – possible applications, information, demonstrations of 3D printing
- Airbrush and art exhibition with painting workshop
- Workshops for all creative activities such as crafts, painting, decorating, design, etc.
- Needlework café with courses and exhibitions of all areas of needlework
- Floristry demonstrations
- Board, dice, and card games, educational games, jigsaw puzzles, fantasy and role-play games to try out
- Exciting tournaments for visitors to enter, with valuable prizes
- Presentation of the "GRAF LUDO" games graphics award
Facts and figures
Number of people attending the event (expected):
Gross area: 90,000
Results of the previous event:
Gross area: 90,000