+++ The modell-hobby-spiel 2020 will take place. +++
The modell-hobby-spiel will take place as planned from 2 to 4 October 2020. This is our current expectation in the present situation.
Exhibitors can now register.
Should the spread of COVID-19 result in official restrictions that lead to the cancellation of the event, any payments already made will be refunded. Section 23.1 of our General Conditions of Participation applies.
If you have any questions, please contact the modell-hobby-spiel project management directly, e-mail email@example.com
The largest fair of its kind: Model Railways, Model Sport, Technology, Creative Arts and Play plus Funsport Park
Dates: 02. - 04.10.2020
Venue: Leipzig Exhibition Centre
Opening hours: Friday & Saturday: 10:00 - 18:00; Sunday: 10:00 - 17:00
modell-hobby-spiel is Germany's most-visited consumer fair for model building and technique, model trains, creative design, crafts and games. This fair guarantees many hours of fun - whether at board games, creative workshops, the miniature world of cars, planes, ships, trains or with robots.
is taking place for the 25th time in 2020.
In 2019, 620 exhibitors presented a comprehensive industry overview and unveiled new products.
Range of products
- Car, aircraft and ship model-building
- model-building accessories
- Model railways of all gauges
- Steam models
- Kite making
- Material for graphics, artists and hobbies
- Creative arts and painting accessories
- Cake Decorating
- Dolls, teddy bears, stuffed toys
- Board, dice, card and other games
- Philately, numismatics
- Robotics, 3D-Printing, Electronics
- Skateboard, BMX, Slackline, Scooter
Leipziger Messe GmbH
- Contact Germany:
Ms Annette Schmeier, Project Director
Tel.: +49 (0)341 678-8254
Fax: +49 (0)341 678-7292
Information for exhibitors
There were 99,200 visitors (FKM-verified) plus approx. 10,000 children under the age of 6 as further purchase decision-makers in 2019.
modell-hobby-spiel is the perfect opportunity for
- raising awareness of products and companies
- presenting new products
- acquiring new customers
- cultivating existing customers
because visitors come here to
- find out about new products
- get ideas for a hobby and try out something new
- get ideas for Christmas presents and buy them on the spot
modell-hobby-spiel will be taking place for the 25th time in 2019. 90% of visitors already said during the fair that they would come again, and would recommend the fair. The fair has great pull: 37% of visitors came from more than 100 km away.
Because of the convenient date, modell-hobby-spiel provides important stimulus for successful Christmas business. Desires are awoken that are later reflected in annual sales figures.
Prices for exhibitors
If you book your stand area by 4th May 2020, we will give you an Early Bird Bonus.
|Costs per m² (netto) till 4th May 2020||Costs per m² (netto) from 5th May 2020|
|Row stand||82,00 €||86,00 €|
|Corner stand||88,00 €||92,00 €|
|Peninsula stand||93,00 €||97,00 €|
|Island stand||95,00 €||99,00 €|
Registration for former exhibitors
Registration without log-in data
All prices exclusive of:
- AUMA fee: 0.60 €/m²
- Flat media fee*: 115 €
- Statutory VAT
* Obligatory entry in print media, electronic visitor information system and the new "FairFace" exhibitor database. More information on the flat media fee: NEUREUTER FAIR MEDIA GmbH
Information for visitors
Over 600 exhibitors present new products, classics and offers for the trade fair, and provide suggestions, tips and tricks covering every aspect of the most popular hobbies. Whether creative minds such as fans of painting, crafts and decoration, people interested in needlework or games fans, collectors, model railway enthusiasts, model makers, amateur captains, RC race and flying champions - this trade fair offers fun, excitement, play and interesting experiences for everyone. It is the event for hobby enthusiasts, children, young people and families as well as for the "50+" generation. Anybody who is looking for new ideas for their hobby, for an attractive and meaningful way to spend their leisure time or who simply wants to spend a whole day engaged in crafts, painting, building and playing will find a wealth of ideas and many tips for Christmas presents here. For teachers, educators, therapists and similar professionals, modell-hobby-spiel provides plenty of good ideas and also the materials they need for their work.
Since 2009, the "Graf Ludo" game graphics award has been presented at modell-hobby-spiel (www.graf-ludo.de).
Numerous shows, special exhibitions, promotions and workshops captivate and encourage people to try things out and get involved. The current programme and the annual highlights can be found at the beginning of August at www.modell-hobby-spiel.de.
Programm Information / Highlights
- International off-road indoor racing
- Electrical RC cars and mini-trucks on several tracks
- Matchbox collectors’ meeting point
- Model railways of all gauges; steam model meeting point
- Ship demonstrations in the water basin
- Model aircraft display, helicopter and slow flyer show with top pilots
- Workshops for all creative activities such as crafts, painting, decorating, design, etc.
- Needlework café with courses and exhibitions of all areas of needlework
- Floristry demonstrations
- Board, dice, and card games, educational games, jigsaw puzzles, fantasy and role-play games to try out
- Exciting tournaments for visitors to enter, with valuable prizes
- Presentation of the "GRAF LUDO" games graphics award
- Skateboard, BMX und scooter workshops